Getting Started with iMacros for Internet Explorer
Tutorials & Community ForumWe want you to be become a web automation guru and we've put together a number of resources to make learning iMacros simple and intuitive. If you prefer to read and interact with others, two of the best places for you to start are the iMacros Wiki and our Community Forums. You'll also find a number of videos on YouTube, both videos created by our team and those created by our customers.
Free for Private and Commercial UseYes! the iMacros for Internet Explorer add-on is free for private and commercial use. As your web automation needs grow, or if you need more functionality, such as automating Flash, Silverlight or Java applets; sophisticated image recognition technology; or a full-featured API to integrate iMacros with other applications, please consider purchasing one of our Professional Editions.
Launch iMacrosTo Launch iMacros for Internet Explorer, simply click the icon in the browser bar. If you do not see the iMacros icon , you'll need to manually add the icon to your toolbar:
- Click the >> arrows at the right side of the browser to reveal it.
- To make the icon permanently visible, read our brief tutorial.
- For IE10 and IE11 only: To complete the installation, please enable the iMacros Browser Helper Object in Internet Explorer (this dialog should appear near the bottom of your web browser).
Consider our Professional Editions
Our most popular product, the Enterprise Edition (with the iMacros API) is designed to manage complex automation, extraction, and web testing tasks such as:
- Interfacing with online databases and websites sites like Amazon, Ebay or salesforce.com
- Downloading prices, images, product descriptions, or exchange rates
- Updating a database with the latest pricing information;
- Regression testing, performance testing, or functionality testing
- Simulating complex visitor activities (e.g. check hotel room availability or test a complete purchase process)
- Testing AJAX, Flash or Java applets
The Enterprise edition also includes the use of the iMacros player, which you can use to run macros from different locations across a single organization. For example, let's say you write a macro to assist your order entry team. You could use the player to load and run the macro on every order entry workstation. Find out more.
By comparison, the Standard edition you can easily accomplish straightforward tasks such as a login to a website, navigate to a page, delete forum posting (which includes several clicks like: "Are you sure?", "Return to forum", etc). Find out more.
iMacros Component for .NET
If your .NET application needs to connect to websites, fill out online forms, or scrape data from websites, you can use the iMacros WebBrowser Component to do the job. Find out more.
What Our Customers Say
More Work Done in Less Time
We have many different categories and subcategories [on our auction web site]. Each auction section needs to have a display template and input template uploaded through cold fusion software. We have over 2,000 sections. This took about 2 and a half days to complete, even if it was a small change ...
Timeshare Resale Help Line Inc.
Automating Across the Organization
At the Independent Evaluation Unit of the World Bank, we are using iMacros Enterprise Edition to automate information quality audits of institutional sites, and also to streamline our information gathering and research tasks without taxing corporate IT resources. iMacros' smooth integration with...
The World Bank