Getting Started with iMacros for Firefox
Tutorials & Community Forum
We want you to be become a web automation guru and we’ve put together a number of resources to make learning iMacros simple and intuitive. If you prefer to read and interact with others, two of the best places for you to start are the iMacros Wiki and our Community Forums. You’ll also find a number of videos on YouTube, both videos created by our team and those created by our customers.
Free for Private and Commercial Use
Yes! the iMacros for Firefox browser add-on is free for private and commercial use. As your web automation needs grow, or if you need more functionality, such as automating Flash, Silverlight or Java applets; sophisticated image recognition technology; or a full-featured API to integrate iMacros with other applications, please consider purchasing one of our Professional Editions.
To Launch iMacros, simply click the icon in the browser bar. Depending on your OS, the icon may be on the left or the right side.
- Read the Wiki to make the most of your experience with iMacros.
- Connect with other users just like you, join the iMacros forum.
- Learn how to use all the features in iMacros, view the video tutorials on our resources page.
- Check out the variety of videos on Youtube. Many of them are made by our customers. You may find a video of someone who has accomplished the same task you’re trying to do.
Getting Started Video Tutorials
If you're completely new to web automation, you'll find these two videos quite useful. They are general - but show excellent examples of web browser automation and from filling.
Consider our Professional Editions
Our most popular product, the Enterprise Edition (with the iMacros API) is designed to manage complex automation, extraction, and web testing tasks such as:
- Interfacing with online databases and websites sites like Amazon, Ebay or salesforce.com
- Downloading prices, images, product descriptions, or exchange rates
- Updating a database with the latest pricing information;
- Regression testing, performance testing, or functionality testing
- Simulating complex visitor activities (e.g. check hotel room availability or test a complete purchase process)
- Testing AJAX, Flash or Java applets
The Enterprise edition also includes the use of the iMacros player, which you can use to run macros from different locations across a single organization. For example, let's say you write a macro to assist your order entry team. You could use the player to load and run the macro on every order entry workstation.
By comparison, the Standard edition you can easily accomplish straightforward tasks such as a login to a website, navigate to a page, delete forum posting (which includes several clicks like: "Are you sure?", "Return to forum", etc).
iMacros Component for .NET
If your .NET application needs to connect to websites, fill out online forms, or scrape data from websites, you can use the iMacros WebBrowser Component to do the job.
What Our Customers Say
Customer Support Experience
I really must say I am very impressed with all your support and ability to handle customer queries. It really has been refreshing to see that you guys are really good at support and your product is excellent too.
Thank You for a Great Product
Your product and customer support have been excellent!
Why I Purchased iMacros
Thank you for your same day responses, it is one of the reasons I purchased your software.
NuView Systems, Inc.,